The Kindergarten year is the third and most important year in the Montessori three year learning cycle. It is the year when everything comes together and the children really bloom!
Highlights of our Montessori Kindergarten program are:
● Small class size - a maximum of 9 children per class allowing for more teacher-student interaction;
● Curriculum that exceeds the academic requirements of the Manitoba Department of Education;
● Challenging math and reading exercises that introduce the children to the Grade One curriculum;
● Exposure to Geography and Cultural Arts - each year we study Canada and the continents of the world, with a major focus on one of: Japan, Australia, Italy, Africa, or the South American Rainforest;
● Activities geared toward the personal needs, abilities and interests of each individual child;
● Extended hours which allow for flexible arrival and dismissal times.
Our Kindergarten program receives a yearly visit from a Manitoba Department of Education inspector who provides a glowing report on the accomplishments of the children in our Kindergarten program. As well, our staff receive positive feedback from parents and public and private school teachers who say our students are well prepared for Grade One.
We hope you consider our Kindergarten program for your child. Please feel free to discuss your options with us.
Keep in mind that tuition can be claimed as a child care expense.